Membership
Server Status
30-person vent status
WoWProgress Rank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Deities and Demigods Forum Index -> Policy and Procedures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeryna
AerynaStarcaller
In-Game Guild Master

re: Raiding Rules!

So as of lately, I've been a bit lax on rules.  Mostly because they weren't necessary to our current environment.  As we transition into Mythic, however, I feel it is important to state (and restate from the past) some items.   Some of these will seem repetitive, some will seem obvious, and some may seem downright tyrannical.  I believe they will all help us create a cohesive, enjoyable, progression-oriented raid team.

1) Be on time.  On time means fifteen minutes before the raid time.  This give you time to get your flasks, food, potions, seals and whatever else you may need to take care of before raid starts. This also gives the raid lead time to assess who may be running late, who may not make it because of work, or who ended up held up in traffic and needs to be replaced. We should be pulling trash/bosses at 6pm server.  If you are late, you may or may not have a spot on the raid team.  This was more easily enforced when we didn't have flexible raid sizes because you could and had to be replaced.  I'll admit - I've gone lax on this because I didn't want to be an ass.  But people are consistently showing up late and we are starting late and waiting on people to pull. This is unfair to people who are on time and early every week. If you're late, you may be banned from the raid for that night, regardless of raid size. (If you have a conflict or work late and let the raid leader know ahead of time that you will be there but late/right at pull, that is fine, as long as that communication happens ahead of time.)

2) Non-Regular Raiding

a. Know the fights.  If you've missed a couple raids and haven't seen what our current boss procession is, you are required to watch videos/read guides.  Come to a raid with questions about how we do the strategy, not an expectation to have a fight be completely re-explained for you.  We are a progression-oriented group, and while we are happy to have guildies drop in when they can to raid, we cannot afford to spend time re-explaining all the fights.

b. Have the gear.  We are comfortable enough to be able to afford Fringe Raiders - people who maybe can't make every raid but want to tag in when they can. This is awesome.  We love this.  However, if you are a fringe raider tagging in on a progression night, the team will expect you to have the gear and know the fights to fill in as if you had been raiding with us the whole time.  We don't mind carrying to help gear up, but on push progression nights, we need everyone to be on their A-game.

3) Gear should be enchanted and gemmed. Age old standby. If you're not sure what to be using, check out tools like askmrrobot.com or check with guides like noxxic or icy-veins.com on your primary/secondary stats.  Talk with guildies, see what they are using.  Even if you're not sure what to gem or enchant, there's no reason to have gear that doesn't have some stat enhancement on it if it's able to.

4) You will not call anyone out in raid. If you see an issue, you will bring it to the raid leader's attention first in private, and if they choose to act on it, they will choose the best method to do so, either publicly or privately with the individual. It is not up to another raider's discretion to handle this. While it is always important to improve and progress, calling out faults and flaws in the heat of battle where DPS or gear cannot be changed on the spot is not productive. If it isn't something that can be fixed on the spot between pulls like a talent or a glyph, do not bring it up during the raid to the group, please.  Instead, work with the individual after the raid or express your concerns to the raid leader in private.

5) RSVP.  This has been one of the most overlooked rules for quite some time, thanks to flex raiding. If you don't RSVP by the day of raid (and don't alert the raid leader via mobile guild chat, text, etc.) you will be considered declined and will not receive an invite.  RSVP'ing isn't difficult.  If you're not sure, you can even click 'tentative.'  Try and make sure to change it when you know for sure, however.  I seriously don't want to be a dick about this, but I do, really really really need to know if you even know a raid is happening, and now that we are moving into Mythics, I need to know exactly who is coming and who isn't so I can fill ahead of time, much like normal back in Cataclysm.

6) Friends of guildies.  We are trying to gear a team for Mythics, and on occasion we may opt to gear some alts/friends.  If you have a friend who would like to come, please run it by the raid leader first.  They may want to adjust loot or loot rules to accommodate that.  As it stands now, guildies and PUGs recruited by the RL for the raid will have equal shot at loot - until DKP goes into play. (Stay tuned for a post detailing this closer to when it goes live). Friends invited by other raiders may or may not receive the same open loot privileges.  Always run these requests by your raid lead first to ensure maximum cohesion with the group.

7) Alts.  This goes with point six above.  I know some nights may feel slower than others and we may be running bosses to funnel gear to specific people as we expand to a consistent 20-man team.  However, in order to maximize the time we have to raid, I am asking everyone to bring assigned toons.  If you don't need anything off of a boss, sorry, just take it as an awesome point and we are one piece of gear closer to being ready.  Lately we have had a lot of people bringing alts on the Tuesday/Wednesday team.  We have set characters on each raid team (and this can be changed of course) for a few reasons: we can gear up that character and it keeps the classes and roles balanced.  If there is a strong interest in more raiding opportunities for alts, that can be arranged.  Please make sure you are bringing the appropriate toon to raid nights and if you aren't sure which that is, please check with your raid leader.  If you would like to switch the character assignment for a raid, that can be arranged, pending no conflict with roles, classes or token groups, and with raid lead approval.  From this point on there will be no more toon-hopping mid-raid.  It is simply taking too much time away from raid, and it isn't fair to others who may want to gear alts but cannot, nor is it fair to keep asking the raid leader to account/accommodate an ever-changing raid composition.

As always, please let me know your thoughts, disapproval, kudos, concerns and complaints.  I want this to reflect everyone, not just myself. 

Aery

Last edited by AerynaStarcaller on 2016/02/24 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bascus
Demigod

Yay, formal rules! I like it!

One question though, are these rules the same for both raid teams?

GO TEAM!

So, how about those DKP's?

So, not necessarily.  It's up to the raid leader what to enforce - some may not be applicable to Iz's raid team.  It'll be up to him what he wants to and not to do.  If he comes up with some rules for his team that aren't here, then I'll add them.

And Re: DKP

I want to reward people who are coming to raid most often and doing the most to help raid.  I suppose I'm looking more to an EPGP - type system where contributing materials and soulbound crafting ingredients to helping other raiders (and yourself!) gear up will be rewarded in addition to being on time, being prepared, and RSVPs.  

As I've never done a DKP/EPGP type system before, if anyone has any thoughts, suggestions, or have seen things that have worked well (or not at all; also equally valuable) I would love to get any insight on it.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Deities and Demigods Forum Index -> Policy and Procedures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: