Membership
Server Status
30-person vent status
WoWProgress Rank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Deities and Demigods Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Aeryna
AerynaStarcaller
In-Game Guild Master

re: Guild Challenge Mode Team Interest

As you may or may not yet know - as the end of this expansion there will no longer be challenge modes.  Any gear transmog sets you want to get, you have a limited amount of time left to get them.  That being said, we've had some challenge runs from time to time, but if you're interested in a weekly challenge mode run with a single team, express your interest in a reply to this post.  Tell me what you want to see happen, what you would like to get out of it and what character/role you would like to fill.  

Are you new to challenge modes? (It's not quite like normal heroic dungeons...) Are you an expert and willing to teach someone who is new to challenge modes?  Any answer to either of these questions is acceptable, it's just good to know ahead of time. Are you interested in LEADING the challenge mode run?

Don't hesitate to ask any questions!

Aeryna

Bascus
Demigod

I've always been interested in doing these. Tried to run once or twice with the guild (a long time ago, I'll admit) with limited success. Tried to sign up for some run on openraid too, but that never ended up happening.

However, I don't think I can commit to another day a week on top of raid, unless it is later in the evening.

I would be up for giving these a go with a bit more of a solid team than what I had run with earlier in the expansion.  I would like to see how far a group would be able to go before the pre-patch that removes these challenge dungeons.  More of the logistical stuff can be set up as we more interest is shown by others I suppose.

Aeryna
AerynaStarcaller
In-Game Guild Master

Yaaaaay!! I'm thrilled people are using the forum. Thank you!! (And good start for interest, we'll see if we can get more! And I see no reason why it couldn't be later in the evening.)

Aeryna

Moriartee
Demigod

i'd love to be a part of this, since from my experience it was actually very fun! and also because i only have one, but mostly because it's pretty fun (i'd be a dps)

Aeryna
AerynaStarcaller
In-Game Guild Master

Alright, we're getting there! Two dps and a healer! (Assuming Bascus wanted to heal, that is.)  Looks like we may get a team going then, if we can find two more people. Bascus mentioned later in the evenings - how much later?  What times work for you guys, Mori and Car?  Any days in particular you'd prefer - or would have to be out?

Aery

Moriartee
Demigod

personally i don't mind, if we agree on a time and date i can most likely get that time free

so i'm good for whatever is good for everyone else

jeremy.e.kemp
Demigod

I'm with Mori, not a big fan of the T-Mog for mage..but I do want those mounts, achievements and the other spiffs. I've been wanting to knock these out for sometime. I've seen things scheduled before but nothing's come of them. Glad you mentioned it Aery. I use to check this daily but after about a month of no posts I went to every 2 weeks...think I last checked on Monday. So odds are I'd of missed out entirely if I had waited. I'm not 100% but think Neph was interested.

Bascus
Demigod

Has there been any more discussion on this? Do we have somebody interested in leading it that we should be talking to? Do we have times/days worked out? etc?

Good question! I'll pop an invite up on the calendar for next week soon - Bascus how "late" is late enough for you? Say, 9? Or later?  I'll get this rolling.

jeremy.e.kemp
Demigod

Woohoo! looking forward to it. 

Bascus
Demigod

The best time for me to start would be something around 9:30 or 10:00, but I sure wouldn't want to hold a team up for me, mayhaps a standby challenge mode dude?

Event is posted on the calendar - please make sure to respond if you can make it!  If you didn't get an invite and are interested in going, lemme know! No reason we can't be running two teams at once.  Anyone interested in leading the Challenge Mode team?

jeremy.e.kemp
Demigod

This is why, in my opinion it's not idealistic to organize something via a forum. There's no notification of new posts... I can't commit to 2+ hours in the middle of the night. :( When I said pretty much anytime, I meant from morning until when raid would normally end. Also, how would this be taken on? Doing the CM that's the daily? Doing whichever people agree to on the given day it's scheduled? And if we only do it 1 night per week..then we're committed to keep at it no matter how long it takes to get gold for the given CM...yes? That's the only reason starting at 10pm server is bad for me, I'm not sure Mori or I could stay awake for the full duration. :P If I slept during the day I suppose I could.

Aeryna
AerynaStarcaller
In-Game Guild Master

Okay, the reason I do like forums is it keeps track of post history. The best we can do in-game is just set up a fake-event where people sign up if they're interested. With the forum, we can actually say "I want to do _______ and I can do it on ________."  So, you're free any day but not late at night, right? No later than 9, it sounds like.  I know there's some interest in doing some later at night, but maybe we can get two challenge mode teams running. :) Then everyone can go!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Deities and Demigods Forum Index -> Member Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: