Membership
Server Status
30-person vent status
WoWProgress Rank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Deities and Demigods Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeryna
AerynaStarcaller
In-Game Guild Master

re: Expansion ending, expansion starting

One other question Bascus asked that I didn't answer was what of the plans for raiding for the end of this expansion. I will keep raid leading as long as people want to raid and from what I understand people seem to want to try and get heroic Garrosh. If we get to him and kill him maybe then it's break time. If people are burning out sooner we can take a break before then. I'm relying heavily on communication from everyone else for that so let me know how you feel on that stuff. :) 

Aeryna
AerynaStarcaller
In-Game Guild Master

Correct (as of now, but as we all know, I'll believe it when it actually drops) and correct - unless we have more than 20 people who want to raid, of course!! Then we'll do more!

Bascus
Demigod

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but none of the raid difficulties share a lockout, correct?

So, is the plan to just have that one 20 man raid team that starts on Mythic?

I'll probably come back to this and give better answers as I figure them out and as I get more input from everyone else.

Tentatively, I'd like to see everyone on one team for Mythic, and we'll just do the flex-like raids with the full team as we get gear and can even bring along some standby raiders for those nights until we're ready to start Mythic. Seems like a great way to help the standby raiders get gear with us for Mythic.

Something for everyone to be thinking about - does Tuesday/Wednesday still work for everyone?  The nice thing about expansions and especially in this case where have to reconfigure the team, it's a great time to reconsider raid times.  Would a weekend time work better?  Earlier? Later?  Let me know what you think if you have any requests for new days or times - also it's helpful to hear that what we currently have is working as well.

Once the expansion actually drops and we get to spend a couple weeks leveling, I'm going to continue to have "raid nights" scheduled.  These will be optional during the leveling phase, but I'd like to set time aside during the week for us to group dungeoneer for anyone who would like to, or group quest.  It won't be required - I know some people like to solo quest when new content drops to see the storyline and such and that way people can move at their own pace, but there will be an option for group leveling for those who want it, and it won't be limited to just raiders.  I'll put up a sign-up event on the calendar for this when the time is here.

Once we get into leveling, then I'll make the call on when to set a raid date.  I want to see what the average rate of leveling is going to be before I decide.  It might just be a week.  It might be two. Based on what I remember from MoP, it only took a few days for most people to level up but that was also only 5 levels instead of 10. I'm guessing two weeks tentatively for now, but need to see the actual content and such.

On to raiding - once we are all level 100 and have 20 core raiders, I want to charge right into Mythic. We will most likely get our asses handed to us and I fully expect that, but I want to see the content first.  Maybe we can farm some trash drops, no idea. Need to see it.  Then I'd like to dial back the difficulty one at a time until we find where we're comfortable and can progress reasonably.  It might be the easiest difficulty - as it's likely meant to be.  But if we can be working comfortably on Heroic, I'd rather do that instead of Normal, hence starting at the top and working back.

People interested - I'm not assuming that everyone currently raiding will continue to raid in WoD. So make sure you let me know you're interested even if you're currently on a team.  So far I have!

Aeryna
Izaillias
Moriartee
Jordanba
Rimmon
Lyconus
Beacan
Carcharia
Bascus

For the most part everyone seems comfortable in just seeing what roles are needed as the time gets close, the names listed don't necessarily correspond to which toon they'd like to bring and for the most part at this point, I just need a warm body count.  Even myself I haven't decided if I'll dps or heal yet.  So if you're not on my list and want to raid, let me know. Respond here, or shoot an in-game message to Illaeria or Aeryna.  Any toon of mine is okay but I'm on those two most often and will see it the soonest.

Questions?  Suggestions?  Thoughts on anything in this post? Let me know! :)

Aery

Last edited by AerynaStarcaller on 2014/10/01 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bascus
Demigod

I'm starting to become curious about what the plans for the future/expansion are.

Are we planning on raiding right up to the end of this expansion?Or are we going to take a break before it's over?

When are we going to start raiding in the next expansion? How long do we have to level?

I know we have two raid teams right now, but I think there are plans to do mythic raiding in the next expansion, is that true? That means a 20 man raid team, who's going to be on it? When is raid time? what rolls are people filling? What rolls do we need? What time/day will it be?

What about the current two teams, will they do normal mode (flex) separate from the mythic team? Same questions for that: who's going to be on those teams? When is raid time? What rolls are people filling? Are people changing rolls/toons at all? Anybody leaving/coming?

Maybe I'm starting to worry about this too far in advance, but that's just who I am I guess :-p

Jump to: