Membership
Server Status
30-person vent status
WoWProgress Rank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Deities and Demigods Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeryna
AerynaStarcaller
In-Game Guild Master

re: Hearthstone Tournament!

Hearthstone Tournament!!!!

I'd like to host a guild-wide Hearthstone Tournament where guildies play against each other in a round robin fashion in Hearthstone.  The game is free to download, and in my humble opinion, quite fun.  However!  There will be a couple rules to make sure we all enjoy this event!

1) The deck that you choose to play must be a class that you play regularly!  (Ie. Aeryna would be eligible to play a Mage or a Paladin deck.)*

*Exceptions: If your primary class is Death Knight or Monk, there are currently no decks that accommodate these classes.  Please choose an alt's class for these purposes.

2) You must use only Basic Cards**.  This is because brand new players to the game will only be able to use these cards and will have a disadvantage to veterans of the game who have had time to earn and/or craft upgrade cards.

** This card restriction is exempt if only veteran players show up to the event.  In this case, Game On, bring everything.

Never played before? No problem!

1) Download the game.

2)  Follow the walk-through on how to play, and then begin to queue into randoms until you either unlocked all the decks or until you have at minimum unlocked the deck hero you want to use.

3) You may either use the Basic Deck for your hero, or you may craft (using only basic cards) a custom deck for your hero.

And you're ready to go!  Let's play Hearthstone!

Any questions?  Any concerns?  Lots of excitement!!! I think this well be fun, and maybe there will even be prizes!  (No promises, no guarantees.  See Aery with any questions.  Or concerns.) Don't forget to RSVP! January 7th!

FAQ:

Q: Basic Cards... WHYYYYYY can't I use other ones?
A: Nope.  Unless no new players show up, in which case keep your strongest desk on standby.

Q: How do I download the game?
A: You can get to it either from battle.net or from the Blizzard launcher.

Q: How do I know what the Basic Cards are?
A: When you look at a card's face, underneath the art portrait, there may or may not be an oval gemstone.  If there is no gemstone, it's Basic.  If there is a gemstone, it is either silver for common, blue for uncommon, purple for rare, and golden for legendary.  If the card has a gemstone, it is not a Basic card and cannot be used.

-Aeryna

Last edited by AerynaStarcaller on 2016/01/04 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Izailias
Demigod

re: Wrong place right time

So after reading a old pet battle tournament post i realized I was at the wrong place.

For those of us that don't play but want to join the tournament, is there some way to tell if the cards are basic or not?

Aeryna
AerynaStarcaller
In-Game Guild Master

Yes!  If you're just starting out, all your cards will be basic.  You'll have to unlock characters and level them to level 10 to unlock all the basic cards for that class.

But! If you've been playing a little bit and gotten packs to open, you might have some mixed in.  If you look at the card underneath the artwork, you'll see one of five things.  You'll see an oval that is orange, purple, blue, silver, or no oval at all.

No oval - basic.
Silver - Common Card
Blue - Rare Card
Purple - Epic Cardc
Orange - Legendary

For the purpose of basic cards, if the card itself is golden and shiny in color, it doesn't matter.  That's just a fancy version of the card but doesn't make it any more powerful so it's okay to use.  For our tournament, we will use all cards that don't have any oval on them at all.  

But feel free to play as much as you want, get the advanced cards and enjoy the game - you can choose to only use basic cards in the deck at the time of the tournament.

To build a custom deck, From the main menu, go to 'My Collection' and then you can start to build custom decks instead of using the pre-made decks in the game. 

Feel free to throw any more questions out!  Excited for this!

Bascus
Demigod

Cool, I was just coming in here to confirm the no oval thing. Think I've got my deck about ready!

re: Neph, will crush you all under awesome (fish)!!

I am joining in these shenanigans. Since I have all the classes and play them all regularly do I get to pick one. Or for me, would it be druid, shaman, and now pally.

Izailias
Demigod

re: When?

So when are we doing this? Cause it's hard to be a "leave it to the last minute" kind of person if I don't know when the last minute is. 

Aeryna
AerynaStarcaller
In-Game Guild Master

Looking like this will be a thing we will do on a Monday instead of an alt run.  Probably gonna put it on the calendar for next month

Aeryna
AerynaStarcaller
In-Game Guild Master

Just wanna bump this post, this is still current and this is still going to happen. So if you haven't dusted off your hearthstone decks yet, let's get it on!

Aeryna
AerynaStarcaller
In-Game Guild Master

Still current information! :) Let me know if you have any questions.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Deities and Demigods Forum Index -> Member Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: