Membership
Server Status
30-person vent status
WoWProgress Rank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Deities and Demigods Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bascus
Demigod

re: Swatting Caution

Maybe I'm ignorant or something, but I just have a hard time worry about it personally. I don't really feel like if I were to ever get "swatted" that I'd be in actual danger anyhow. As long as you do what the police say when they come and knock down your door, they don't tend to be a shoot first type group. At least not around here.

As terrifying as that is, I hope that unless anyone broadcasts their address in the stream, as the streamer I am the only one in potential danger,  I would never wish that on anyone else.  That being said, without a large following it seems to be a minimal threat, but I still hope everyone else has a 0% threat when I take on the 1% from streaming.  Scary, though.

You'll know if I disappear randomly  that that happened. ... ...Or I got attacked by glass.

Love!

Aery

Jesephone
Demigod

I know some of you probably use services where you have people watch you play (or at least listen)--and some of our raids get broadcast vent chat too. Swatting scares me really bad and I just wanted to put it out there to keep it in mind:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/21/technology/online-swatting-becomes-a-hazard-for-popular-video-gamers-and-police-responders.html?partner=socialflow&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Deities and Demigods Forum Index -> Member Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: